Thursday, November 5, 2015

Summer CSA Review

So my last pick up for my Summer CSA is over and I didn't sign up for the Fall/Winter version. While I think it is a great concept here is why it doesn't work for our family (but first you must always start with the positive : )


What I liked:


  1. Right from the farm veggies are delicious and sometimes the grocery I shop at lacks in the organic section.


  2. Pick up was easy. We picked a place that either my husband or I could get to.


  3. I got to try some veggies I wouldn't normally try like bok Choy, cabbage and some weird alien broccoli/Cauliflower mashup.


  4. It did force me to eat more veggies in the summer and be a little creative with the menu.


  5. You are forced to eat seasonal which is good for you.


Things I didn't like


  1. SO MANY VEGGIES. Even doing a half share and getting to swap out things we liked better each week we had so many that I felt like I had to eat all the time to use them up. I should have had a better plan of sharing, freezing or giving stuff away each week.


  2. Cost of $20 was very reasonable for the amount we got but I have to see if I will save some money just buying what I will eat per week.


  3. I missed some veggies that I didn't get enough of or they just don't grow. Mushrooms for omelets and celery to munch on. I never thought I would say that!


If you haven't checked it out here are some recipes I made with what I got.




No comments:

Post a Comment