Sunday, July 12, 2015

Not your Grandma's Tuna "Noodle" Casserole


Peas are not something I usually eat but I was looking forward to shelling the farm fresh version and eating them up. The first thing that pops into my head for peas is tuna noodle casserole which again is not something I typically eat but given the challenge I wanted to see if I could come up with a healthy 21 day fix version.
 
I have been wanting to try a version of cashew cream for a while now. It sounded like a great way to get the same texture of cream but in a healthy version. And I was right tha like tofa the "cream" takes  the flavor of what you put into it. I made savory for this recipe but also a sweet version with maple syrup and cinnamun.  The recipe turned out great and even my toddler was begging for more. That is when you know a recipe isa keeper .
 
Not your Grandma's Tuna "Noodle" Casserole
Makes 2-3 servings
 
1/4 cup cashews soaked
1/4 to 1/2 cup water (and more as needed)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Garlic
1 packet/can tuna (Drain if needed)
1 cup cooked peas
Zucchini for noodles
 
Soak Cashews overnight or for at least 3 hours. Rinse and drain then combine in blender with water until smooth. Add Olive oil and garlic and blend again.
 
Make zucchini noodles. Toss cream with peas, tuna and noodles. Heat until warm on stove top or microwave.
 
21 Day Fix: 2 Green, 1 Blue, 1 Red

No comments:

Post a Comment