Sunday, January 10, 2016

New Year Fitness Adventure - Stop One: TRX

Part of my four part New Year Resolution this year (what can I say I am an over achiever) is to add a little more Mojo into my life. You know adventure, travel outside my comfort zone, just do new things so I can be inspired. What better way to do this then to follow a passion of mine, a fitness adventure! Over the next 7 weeks I will be trying out some workouts that I have been wanting to do or that friends have been raving about. So grab your water bottle and come along!

First stop is something called TRX Suspension training. I have to admit I had no idea what this was and had to google it when my friend Michelle mentioned straps. Looked a little intimidating but you never know until you try something right??????

We traveled over to the place she has been going called Underground Cycling in Hudson, I signed the death waiver and then met the super friendly and super buff instructor and owner.  You do have to sign up a head of time here because the small room only had 10-12 suspension hooks. We got setup, went over some basics of changing around the strap based on the exercises we were going to do and then got started with a warm-up.

The interesting thing about this exercise is I felt like the rep times were super short but you were working REALLY HARD that whole time. Each exercise had you doing strength moves that requires balance and core work too. It was a whole body workout as we started with back, biceps, triceps and chest, moved down to the floor for legs and then ended with core including planks. At the end I wasn't sweaty but my muscles felt the workout. It is day 3 now and I am still feeling the burn.

I would like to try this again combining it with cardio to balance it out. Have you tried TRX? Love or Hate it?


Next up on the Adventure is Body Combat. I really hope I get to take someone out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment