Thursday, November 27, 2014

Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins

Don't get me wrong, I love supporting Bake sales for schools and charities and I am often baking for them. But as a supporter of good nutrition I feel like it is my job to support the efforts by baking up a healthy treat that people can eat. This past fall I found I was baking up these pumpkin muffins a lot so I am sharing it with you. They have been kid and adult taste tested (I got lots of yummy smiles). They would also make a good healthy brunch addition. Enjoy!

Ps. Yes, they have sugar in them. You have to have something to sweeten them up. Feel free to substitute with your favorite baking sweetener. 

Pumpkin Muffins
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, spice and set aside. Whisk the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and applesauce. Add in the dry ingredients and fold with a spatula until the flour has been absorbed. Place in muffin tins and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment