Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Love/Hate Relationship with Celery

True Story - Not too long ago I HATED Celery. I didn't like the taste and I couldn't understand why people would eat it. I didn't like it in salads or soups and I certainly didn't have it in my plan to site down and munch on it raw. I told myself I would NEVER like celery.

Fast Forward and I look down and I am eating celery. I have a big bag of it in my Fridge and I LIKE it (of course Almond butter or Hummus dip helps too).
 
So you never know how you might change over time. Keep your mind open, explore and NEVER Say NEVER : )

Have you found yourself liking something you swore you never would?

2 comments:

  1. Celery is also amazing in spaghetti sauce. If you add it thin-sliced to the sauce a few minutes before serving, it cooks just enough that it's still crunchy and has that lovely taste but isn't quite so assertive.

    I used to hate cauliflower, but now it's my favorite vegetable. I like it just about any way but steamed or pickled is the best. Especially if it's also pickled with some peppers and garlic in a strong vinegar. Most restaurants overcook cauliflower, so I'm trying to get used to liking it raw. I tend to like my veggies just a little bit cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try celery in sauce and pickled cauliflower. Thanks for the suggestions!

      Delete