Sunday, October 26, 2014

Yummy Smoothie Recipes

Here are my "deep thoughts" on at-home protein smoothies. These are a main part of my diet now and were a part of the 21 day fix for me.

1. They help me get the veggies I need. I struggle with eating enough veggies into the day because I just don't crave them like other foods. But I can sneak them into my smoothies. Greens are always my go to veggie to put in but I also love beets and pumpkin.

2. They are quick. I can throw one together and drink it in under 5 minutes (including blender time). Faster prep is to put everything together in the blender cup except the liquid the night before.

3. I am not a meat girl. Again I like chicken, fish and eggs but I don't usually crave them. Having protein powder or Greek yogurt in the morning helps get me going and is cheap.

4. They help with cravings. Need something chocolate - Have a Chocolate protein powder smoothie with PB. Craving ice cream - vanilla with frozen bananas and cinnamon does the trick for me. Fancy Coffee Drink - Cold Coffee, Almond milk and Protein powder. All Flavor, no guilt.

5. Healthy food my son will eat. Kids are picky eaters so anytime I find something that they will eat that has the good stuff in it I stick with it. My smoothies are so popular with my 2 year old son (even the veggie filled ones) I have to fight him for the straw.

I do stress that these are at-home smoothies. So much better because you know what you put in them and you can make the right size for you. So keep on smoothing or try one today!

Here are a few of my favorite recipes:
Beets & Greens (1 Green), Frozen berries (1/2 purple), vanilla protein powder (1 red), cold green tea.
Kale (1 Green), Pineapple (1 purple), Vanilla protein powder (1 red), water
Frozen Bananas (1 purple), chocolate protein powder (1 red), 1 teaspoon PB, water
All of the above you can add flax or chia seeds (orange)

No comments:

Post a Comment