Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Fitness Adventure #4: Jumping into the Unexpected


Don't let this pose fool you. Jumping on your butt is hard!
Doing fitness adventures I expect sore muscles. Maybe even some bruises. But I guess I wasn't prepared for peeing my pants. Stop reading now if this is TMI.

I have been to the Launch Trampoline park with my boys a few times and always have fun so when my friend Liz mentioned she was checking out the fitness class they had I said sure. The class is 45 minutes long and of course I excepted lots of jumping. I wasn't disappointed. We did a lot of variety of jumps and would take brakes along the way to do sets of squats, planks, push-ups, etc which is a little more challenging to your core and balance (kind of like working on a giant bosu ball). There are people of all fitness abilities so all the exercises can be modified to your level. I found the hardest to be a move where you sit on your butt and try to jump around in a circle.  The class was a lot of fun and the time went fast.

Although I was moving the whole time I didn't end up working up a sweat. Mostly because I was only half jumping. Even going to the bathroom right before and in the first 10 minutes of class I still fought the dribble. I guess I found out the muscle I need to strengthen the most is my bladder. In hind sight drinking a large ENERGIZE before class was not the brightest idea.

I am not planning to make this a regular part of my fitness routine but may go back for more jumping fun in the future.

Fitness classes at Launch in Nashua are $5 for the first class and happen on Monday Nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment